The Laugh Floor only features two characters from the original movie, Mike Wazowski and Roz. Here, Mike is the “monster of ceremonies” and introduces the show’s comedians. The most common characters are:
- Buddy Boil (sometimes Beznos, or “no nose” Boil from Russia), a purple monster with long eye stalks atop his head, whose sketches include a mind-reading act and a “comedy-in-a-box” do-it-yourself kit
- A yellow, two-headed monster whose name changes based on who is performing the characters’ heads at the time (common names are “Sam and Ella” or “Mac and Jeeves”). The duo will feature a “geography quiz,” where the monsters demonstrate their knowledge (or lack thereof) of geography, and a fast-paced re-telling of the Monsters, Inc. story, using guests as stand-ins for the major characters.
- Marty Wazowski, a smaller, orange version of Mike, and Mike’s nephew. This character will often interact with children in the audience.
- As the guests are seated, the theatre’s cameras will locate guests and provide humorous captions, early Saturday Night Live style, such as “will treat everyone to churros” or “has no idea where s/he is” or “doesn’t know they’re on the screen” or “always hides a third eye.”
- The show will always focus its attention on a single guest, known as “that guy,” throughout the performance. Usually, the use is as part of a punchline of a joke; for example, a monster might say, “I know how I’m going to dress up for Halloween … I’m going as ‘that guy.” This guest will receive an “I Was ‘That Guy’” sticker at the end of the show.
|Disney Animal Kingdom||Disney Castle Fireworks||Disney Electrical Parade||Disney Epcot Center|
|Disney Hollywood Studios||Disney Magic Kingdom||Downtown Disney||Festival of the Lion King|
|Flight Home||Monsters, Inc. Laugh Floor||Shriner PR Convention|